Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home Again

To all of you (okay...both of you) who have checked in to see if I've posted a new article, my apologies. My good friend Steve Kelley told me that if I can't update it weekly I should call it quits. The trouble is, I was SO lazy about updating the blog that I wouldn't even log in to say that I wouldn't be logging in anymore. How bad is that!?
After the first week of deployment (the honeymoon phase), I discovered that, when faced with the choice of sleep vs. updating the blog, I chose sleep every time. After a few weeks of 12-18 hour days, I decided to focus my communication on Shannon, Walker and Mike and jettisoned everyone & everything else, including this blog. Terribly lame, I know.
Well, four months later, I'm back home with Shannon and the kids in Biloxi, Mississippi. I'll be "off" for about 4 weeks, then back to work. We should find out in the next couple of months where we'll be assigned next. I would say, "I'll keep you posted," but we all know how that will turn out.
I thank you for your prayers and encouragement for me and my family during the deployment.

Peace.

Mike

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Michael, I guess I was one of those who kept coming back to see if you posted. I am glad you are home, safe and sound. Take care and let us know where you will be headed next. Hugs to Shannon and the kids. Love, KatNell

Kathie Brown said...

Mike, apparently you have forgotten about this blog all together! Well, if you check it out I just want to say thanks for stopping by my Poet Tree blog! I was hoping to find pics of you and the family here! Oh well. Don't feel bad. Gus in not a blogger either.